Sunday, April 29, 2012

I can't decide whether you should live or die

Ahh break time at work. Sunday which is my Friday, and Monday which is my Saturday. Or I suppose Monday more accurately my Sunday. You know what I mean.

I have been feeling like I work too much in the past week or two. True, I only work 40 hour weeks, which really isn't so bad. But working in the afternoons has its drawbacks. Yeah I can sleep in, or just hang around the house in the morning, but I can't get myself to go anywhere. No no, don't have time to hang out, got to work at 2:30. Nope, I shouldn't run into town because I'll be pressed for time, have to work at 2:30. Then orf course 11 at night rolls around and theres nothing to do unless I want to go to the One Bar right here in town. Big Town is too far away and hardly worth the effort, unless I really really wanted to go to Meijer.

Don't get me wrong, working afternoons is nice sometimes. I can stay up late if I want, and its easy to sleep in and still have time before work. I was put on 6am shifts for a little while, and I was pretty miserable. Get up at 5:40, leave for work at 5:50, work, get off at 2:30, come home and immediately nap for two-three hours. Then of course, because I napped, I stay up late because I am not tired. But then I have to get up early and go to work. Its a vicious cycle.


But my point. The department schedule has come out for the end of May, and I got all the days off I requested plus my usual weekend off. So that gives me two weeks with three days off each week. That will be a nice little blessing. I have the 15th-16th off to go spend with a pair of friends playing Diablo 3. Friend's names shall be henceforth Pookie and Tom. I like Pookie and Tom.

Interrupting this post, I need to call Pookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment